This is a really touching video that my cousin Kelly posted on her blog regarding the passing of President Gordan B. Hinckley. President Hinckley was the president of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints which is the church that Craig and I attend. He passed away on Sunday and his funeral is today. President Hinckley really was the first prophet that I really remember much about. He was such a sweet man. I actually got to attend a devotional that he spoke at while attending Rick's College (now BYU Idaho) back in 98. He and his wife spoke and I still remember the sweet spirit that was in that conferance hall that day. It truely was a moving day for me. After that devotional my roommates and I ran down to the back of the building where we knew President Hinckley would be coming out of to get into his car and we were able to see him and his wife. He truely was a devoted and faithful servant to the Lord and I will miss him. I do know that he is with his loving wife Marjorie who passed away in 2004 and I know that he missed her dearly, so I am really happy that they have been reunited. But I still will miss him. He was 97 years old, so I know he led a full life.
Craig has set up out TV to record the funeral, but I am not ready to watch it yet. I know that I will cry and cry and cry, and I have to be prepared for that, so maybe later on tonight or even tomorrow I will watch it. I, like my cousin Kelly, have been disappointed by the lack of media coverage that has been on the TV. It seems like more stories about Brittney Spears are on, but not much about this wonderful man and the life that he led and the things he accomplished. Enjoy this tribute to Gordan B Hinckley.
2 comments:
What a neat experience that was for us to see and hear the prophet in person. I remember being right by their limousine as they pulled away.
Hi, Lisa. I actually was in Colorado over the weekend and saw part of the funeral with your mom on the BYU channel at Marlene and Dee's. It was really good and I think you would enjoy all the beautiful talks. It was fun to see your parents and everyone else. Nice post.
Post a Comment