Sunday, September 28, 2008

Shelton Vineyards

The county that we live in has about 29 vineyards and we thought it would be interesting to do a tour of one. We went to this same vineyard when my brother was in town while I was pregnant with Peyton, but my mom had never been in a winery. I know it might be strange to be non-drinkers in a winery, but we just wanted to see how the process took place. That kind of thing always interests me.

This is a storage area for barrels. They have an adopt a barrel program where you can adopt a barrel and they put your name on the barrel and then give you so many crates of wine a year and when they are done with the barrel you get to take it home. Pretty silly. This room was really neat, but I got really light-headed in here and felt like I might pass out, so I was glad that we didn't stay in here long and that it was the last place on the tour. One of the many joys of pregnancy for me! Oh, my mom is holding our souvenir wine glasses. They had wine tasting throughout the tour, which I am sure they wondered why we weren't drinking any of it.

Here is me and Peyton getting some fresh air.

My mom had to taste one of the grapes. She said it tasted really sweet. Why don't they have grape tasting for all the non-drinkers?
Posted by Picasa

No comments: