Let us give thanks
Let us give thanks for this wonderful day,
For the gift of life and the hope to pray;
The heaven fair and the earth so sweet,
The friends so dear that we chance to meet.
Let us give thanks for the sunshine bright,
The light of dawn and the stars at night;
The springtime rain and the summer breeze,
The mountains, the streams, and the spreading trees.
Let us give thanks for these blessings rare,
For a family dear and the love we share;
The little ones and the smiles they bring,
Such a goodly portion of everything.
Let us give thanks in a humble way
With a peach in our hearts as we kneel to pray;
Our eyes and our souls ever looking above...
Let us give thanks to our God of Love.
---Garnett Ann Schultz.
I found this poem and I thought it suited exactly what I was feeling today. I am truly grateful for all of my many blessings in my life. My family, my friends, the gospel, Craig's job, our house, and the list could go on and on. I am truly blessed and grateful for everything.
No comments:
Post a Comment