Saturday, October 30, 2010

Couples Halloween Party

This is the second annual Halloween couples party that us and a few other couples started doing. It is so much fun to get all dressed up and party! This year, I decided that I wanted to try to be Martha Stewart and create our costumes. I have always thought that Craig looked like Fred Flinstone, so I decided that that was what we were going to be. I went to Goodwill and lucky me, I found a ton of orange fabric, just waiting to be made into this costume. It was meant to be. I also found a white sheet for my costume. Price for all this $3.00. Then I went to the fabric store and found some black felt for $2.00 for Craig's spots, and some leopard print fuzzy fabric for my shawl. Price $5.00. I found a can of red hairspray at Walmart for $2.00 and borrowed the beads for my necklace and bracelet. I also just happened to have a strip of blue fleece in my fabric box for the tie. So, I went home to create this creation. I don't claim to be handy with a sewing machine, or claim to know how to create something out of nothing, but that is exactly what I did. I found a pattern that I had brought years ago for some scrubs and used that as a guideline, but by no means, did it fit what I was making. I am pretty happy with how they turned out. Craig loved his costume, and I did too.


These are our friends Kevin and Alison Quinn, aka Prince Charming and Snow White. The crazy thing is that they put this entire costume together in just a few hours!


No comments: