Thursday, June 12, 2008

Craig's family comes for a visit.

Ok, since all of my posts are all loaded backwards, I figured that I would post a little bit about our visitors since I have a ton of pictures on here. Craig's older brother Clint, and his wife Denise, and their 3 daughters Taylor (13), Kylee (9), and Addie (4) came to visit us last week. They drove here from Colorado. It took them 2 days and 25 hours in the car to get here! Dang!

They got here late Monday night. On Tuesday morning we got up and took a tour of the bakery that Craig works at. I think they all really liked that. I didn't bring my camera, but Denise did, so I will have to get the pictures we took from her. We all had to wear white hairnets. Peyton actually kept his on and really didn't seem to care that he had it on. The ladies that work in packaging even gave the girls some bread to eat after our tour. They had fun.

Then we went to Goobers for lunch. Yummy. It is just this local restuarant that we take all of our visitors to. It is so yummy. Then we headed back to the house for the little ones to swim in our blowup pool.

The next morning we got up and drove 5 hours to Myrtle Beach, SC. We had fun in the ocean, the swimming pools, and while shopping. We only stayed for the night and headed home at 5:30 the next evening. We didn't get home until 10:30 on Thursday night. It was a crazy fast mini vacation, but it was fun.

Friday we just lounged around. The little ones swam in the pool again. It was so hot here, in the upper 90s with tons of humidity, so the pool, popsicles, and ice cream hit the spot. Friday night, Craig and Clint took Kylee and Addie to the drive in to see Kung Foo Panda and the new Indiana Jones movie. Craig said that the girls stayed awake for both movies and they didn't get home until 1:30. Dang!

On saturday we all went to Home Place, which is a local swimming pool that is at a camp ground. It is a fun pool that has a water slide, rope swing and diving board. We didn't stay long. For some reason, Peyton really wasn't in the mood to swim and just wanted to run around. Well, it was still dang hot, and I don't function well in the heat, so it wasnt' too much fun. Well, it ended up getting real crowed real fast, because of the intense heat, so we decided to call it a day. We headed back to the airconditioning to just relax.

We had such a nice visit with Clint's family and wish it could have been a longer visit, but I am sure they were happy to get back to their beds, and toys. I do have to say that Peyton is still going through withdrawls. He loved having kids around to play with. It was nice for me too. I actually didn't have to do all of his entertaining!

No comments: