Peyton loves to help me in the kitchen. I call him my anti-helper. I decided to make Craig a non-traditional cake this year for his birthday because they always have a cake for him at work and we just didn't need anymore cake at home, so this year, I made him an apple cherry tart for his birthday. I made it a few days ago for relief society and it was a big hit and since Craig is always bugging me to make him an apple pie, I thought he would like this.

Here is Peyton making the topping for the pie. Notice he is eating apples at the same time.

Ok, time to put the sliced apples onto the pie crust. This ended up being one for me, one for the crust!

Yummy, time to bake it.

Here is the finished product. It just needs whipped cream.
1 comment:
Those are the kinds of desserts I prefer for birthdays. Once in a while a cake works, but usually I want something like this lovely tart you made.
Post a Comment