I really had good intensions to really keep up with posting on my blog here, but I guess I have just been really busy. With what I don't know, but anyways. Here I am and here is a quick update about just how much Peyton is growing and about the things he is "into" right now.
Last month he went to the doctor for his 15 month well baby checkup. He really hasn't grown much lately. It seemed like during his first year, he would only wear some of his clothes for a few weeks, then it wouldn't fit, but now (thank goodness) he is getting more "wear" from his clothes. In fact, if the weather hadn't changed, he would pretty much still be wearing most of the clothes that I bought for him last fall. I am glad that he stopped growing so fast, because he is already wearing 2 toddler clothes and he is only 16 months old. Dang. Well, anyways, here are the stats from his doctors appointment.
Weight: 26.8 lbs (which I could have sworn he was 30 pounds by now) and he is in the 75th percentile.
Length: 33 1/2 inches and he has dropped from off the charts to only the 96th percentile.
His head is 18 3/4 inches and in the 50th percentile. Hmmm.
Peytons's favorite foods include the following:
Fruit of any kind, strawberries are his favorite (in fact, we can't even say the word, or he runs over to the fridge and tries to get them out), grapes, pears, peaches, oranges, watermellon, cantelope, and honeydew.
Vegetables of any kind, green beans and peas are his favorite, carrots, corn, olives, pickles (another favorite), potatoes, tomatoes, squash, cauliflower, and brocolli. He loves it all.
He really doesn't like too much meat, but will eat the occasional chicken nugget and deli meat, but we have recently discovered that he loves meatloaf and Whoppers from Burger King and he ate an entire bean burrito by himself while we were in Utah!
He loves pasta of anykind, cheese quesadillas, ramen noodles, and french fries. Whew! This kid loves to eat, which is really nice.
Words that he says now:
Meow, kitty, rufruf (for dog), daddy, momma, yes, ball, bath, bubbuh (for bubbles), pacie, uh oh, fishy (for goldfish), nana (for banana), this, somthing that sounds like "what's that?", and the all important no.
Words that he signs:
More, milk, drink, eat, all done, and he shakes his head yes and no. It is funny when he is trying to tell us something and he doesn't know how to sign it, he will go through all of his signs in frustration and then scream.
Body parts he knows:
Toes (he knows them as piggies), head, ears, tummy, and nose.
Peyton loves to climb on everything and empty any drawer, cabinet, box, shoe rack, etc.
We have really enjoyed our time so far with Peyton. He is such a blessing for us and we thank Heavenly Father everyday for our little family.
3 comments:
Whoppers? He can down a Whopper?
Yeah, we went to Burger King and I got him chicken nuggets, which he ate 1 then he started eyeing my Whopper, so I gave him a bite and he took the whole thing and wouldn't give it back. He ate at least half of it. It was fine, I really didn't need it anyways, it just sounded good!
I can't wait to meet him in person. He's so cute.
Post a Comment